Safe visits at the Museum of Work
Yes, we’re open! Our opening hours are Tuesday – Saturday between 9–16. Admission is free, but because of the pandemic visits to the kids exhibition Little Museum of Work. must be pre-booked.
HOW TO BOOK
You can book your visit on our website or by calling our reception desk at +4611231700. We also accept drop-in visits subject to availability – contact our reception and they’ll help you with your booking.
Our exhibition Lilla Arbetets (Little Museum of Work) is often fully booked, especially on Saturdays, so we strongly recommend pre-booking in advance for that one.
SCHOOL AND PRESCHOOL
Due to the pandemic, we currently have fewer exhibitions to choose from than normal. For schools we offer digital showings of the Jobblabb exhibition. Preschool groups are welcome to make bookings for Lilla Arbetets on Mondays.
Schools and preschools can book as usual through www.arbetetsmuseum.se/visningsforfragan.
Due to the pandemic, booked viewings can be changed or canceled freely. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
FINDING YOUR WAY AROUND THE MUSEUM
To avoid crowding, we have separated the entrance and exit and divided the stairwells for going up and down in the building. You enter via our usual entrance, but we ask you to kindly leave through the exit in the glass stair house at the far end of the building.
Use the stairwell nearest to the reception as you move upwards in the building and the farthest glass stair house when descending. Arrows show the way on the floor and in the stairwells to make it easy to find your way.
This may seem a bit complicated, but it’s all done to avoid crowding.
The creative workshop is currently closed. The workshop area next to the reception is for the time being used as a wardrobe and pram parking. This is because floor 1 is only open for pre-booked visits to Lilla Arbetets.
Please take the stairs if able, to make the lift accessible to those who need it. The lift is limited to one group at a time.
THIS IS HOW WE MAKE YOUR VISIT SAFE
It is important to us that our visitors and staff feel safe at the museum. The Museum of Work is closely monitoring corona virus developments, and any changes to our operations are announced on an ongoing basis on our website. This is how we minimize the risk of crowding and the spread of infection:
- We limit the number of visitors and only accept pre-booked visits.
- We provide ready access to hand sanitizers and hand washing facilities. Hand sanitizer stations are located in our exhibitions, and there are lavatories on most floors.
- Signs on walls and floors remind visitors to keep distance and guides the flow of visitors to avoid crowding. Signs showing the maximum number of visitors allowed at the various exhibitions are placed around the building.
- We have expanded our cleaning routines for highly exposed areas and surfaces, such as door handles, railings and touch screens.
- The reception desk is equipped with protective plexiglass and visitors pick their own brochures.
WHAT CAN YOU DO AS A VISITOR?
- Stay home if you feel sick, even with mild symptoms. Of course, this applies to both staff and visitors.
- Be considerate – keep a distance of at least 1,5 m from others.
- The lift is limited to one group at a time. Please take the stairs if able, to make the lift accessible to those who need it.
- Follow our instructions for separate entrance and exit and separate stairwells for going up and down. Follow the signs on the floor and in the stairwells to find your way.
- Wash your hands often and thoroughly, or use hand sanitizer. Sneeze and cough into your elbow.
RESTAURANT & CAFÉ
Café Espresso House on the ground floor is open. VY Restaurant & Skybar on the 6th floor is open in the evening. See the relevant website for opening hours and contact information.
Due to the pandemic we currently allow a maximum of 8 participants in our program activities. However, we often broadcast our events live through Facebook and/or Instagram. Follow us on social media to get access to live viewings, behind-the-scenes content, sneak peeks and much more.
We welcome smaller conference groups in accordance with current restrictions. Our knowledgeable staff will help you with everything you need for an inspiring meeting, whether you participate on site or digitally. Book your next meeting at www.arbetetsmuseum.se/boka-konferens. Our normal change and cancellation rules apply.
Questions? Please contact our conference department at email@example.com or 011-23 17 50.
COURSES FOR MUSEUMS OF WORKING LIFE
Due to the current pandemic, all courses are conducted as webinars. For current information about our courses, please visit www.arbetetsmuseum.se/kunskapscentrum.